Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sacramento & Napa Valley California

I was recently in California for a tradeshow with my day job company and had a chance to tour around Sacramento and Napa Valley (I had gone out a day early). While I was in Sacramento on a Saturday, I stumbled upon 2 different wedding parties having their formal pictures taken! It was great to see California weddings in progress and watch the photographers and their assistants do their thing. Also got to walk around the grounds of the Capitol building and one night saw Arnold ("the Governator") in his motorcade....pretty cool.

Napa is only an hour's drive from Sacramento so how could I not go?! Got a chance to tour a few wineries -- Robert Mondavi, Whitehall Lane, Mumm, Rutherford Hill, Sterling -- and drove by hundreds more....it's really amazing up there if you've never been....plus the wine was FABULOUS!!! It's beautiful country with rolling hills and very picturesque views. I think I could live out there, except for the fact that probably the average price of a house in Napa is about a million dollars! Absolutely insane! Who would want to spend that kind of money on a house?! I would much rather live in a simple place and spend the money touring the world and seeing all sorts of sights.....

Here's a slideshow I put together of some of the pictures....turn on your speakers as I have Michael Buble's "The Best is Yet to Come" playing along with it. Enjoy! : )

**CLICK HERE FOR THE SLIDESHOW**

No comments: